LONDON (1st July, 2022) – SQUARE ENIX® today shared new information on the upcoming Patch 6.2, titled “Buried Memory,” for FINAL FANTASY® XIV Online during the latest Letter from the Producer LIVE broadcast, including the latest information about the highly-anticipated Island Sanctuary content.
Patch 6.2 is scheduled to launch in late August and will contain a wealth of new content, including the latest chapter in the critically acclaimed story, fresh battle challenges, system updates and more.
Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida spent some time during the broadcast explaining more about the upcoming Island Sanctuary content, and what adventures lie in store. Players will be able to build their own personal island sanctuary in this relaxing solo content—gather materials, build facilities, care for creatures, and more, without the need for previous crafting or gathering experience. Through completing various content in the Island Sanctuary, players may also earn island currency which can be exchanged for special items.
Yoshida also shared the latest information regarding what players can look forward to when Patch 6.2 launches, including:
- New Main Scenario Quests – The latest chapter in the story continues.
- New Side Quests – Tataru’s Grand Endeavor continues.
- New Dungeon – The Fell Court of Troia
- New Trial – A new challenge at both Normal and Extreme difficulties. Further details to be announced at a later date.
- New 8-Player Raid – Pandæmonium: Abyssos will be available in both Normal and Savage difficulties. The Savage difficulty raid is planned for release one week following the launch of Patch 6.2.
- New Unreal Trial – Battle against Sephirot in Containment Bay S1T7 (Unreal)
- PvP Updates – PvP Series 2 and Crystal Conflict Series 3 will begin with the release of Patch 6.2. Rival Wings will also resume, along with PvP action adjustments.
- Further Main Scenario Reworks:
- The Duty Support feature will be expanded to include main scenario dungeons from Snow Cloak through The Vault.
- The Steps of Faith Trial will be reworked into a Solo Quest Battle
- Thornmarch Trial will be revamped
- Miscellaneous Updates – Additional content including job adjustments for both PvE and PvP, updates to Adventurer Plates, Glamour Dresser expansion from 400 to 800 slots, and more.
Additionally, details were also shared about what content will be coming at a slightly later date, as part of Patch 6.25:
- New Side Quests – Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures continue in Patch 6.25.
- New Weapon Enhancement Quests – Players can obtain and enhance Manderville Weapons throughout the Patch 6.x series, which will unlock through the Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures questline.
- New Tribal Quests: Omicron – Disciples of the Land focused quests
- New “Variant Dungeons” Battle Content – Previously called “Criterion Dungeons,” players can enjoy this new variable-difficulty dungeon content—beginning with Sil'dihn Subterrane—designed for between 1-4 players, with the difficulty of enemies scaling depending on party size. Dungeons will feature branching routes, which change depending on player action within the dungeon.
- Another Path: Criterion Dungeons – High difficulty four-player content, which features a visually similar area to the Variant Dungeons, but will have a set route. The Criterion Dungeon content will feature two options of varying difficulties, each with their own unique set of rules and characteristics.
The full Letter from the Producer LIVE broadcast can be viewed at: https://sqex.to/sRrmb
Finally, Patch 6.18 is set to launch on Tuesday 5th July, introducing the long-awaited Data Center Travel feature. Players will be able to visit Worlds on different data centers, before forming parties and challenging duties once there. This feature only allows for travel between logical data centers within the same physical data center. Travel between Japanese, North American, European, and Oceanian data centers will be unavailable.
Patch 6.18 will add a new logical data center, Meteor, to the Japanese data center, and certain existing Worlds will be redistributed within it. European regions will also see the first of two major expansions to the number of Worlds available, meaning a greater capacity for more players. In the EU region, four Worlds will be added in total, with two Worlds being added to each data center as listed below.
- New Worlds in the Chaos Data Center – ‘Sagittarius’ and ‘Phantom’
- New Worlds in the Light Data Center – ‘Alpha’ and ‘Raiden’
Full details on these additions can be found here: sqex.to/BJf1v
With more than 25 million total registered players, there has never been a better time for newcomers to begin their adventures in the critically acclaimed FINAL FANTASY XIV Online saga. The expanded Free Trial now includes all content from A Realm Reborn™ and the Heavensward™ expansion (and updates through Patch 3.56), as well as an additional playable race (Au Ra), and three additional playable jobs (Dark Knight, Astrologian, and Machinist). Free Trial players can enjoy hundreds of hours of award-winning gameplay and story experiences equivalent to two full FINAL FANTASY titles, without limit on playtime. More information is available: http://sqex.to/FFXIVFreeTrial
For more information on FINAL FANTASY XIV: Endwalker™, visit the official site at: https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/endwalker/.
Endwalker Official Site: http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/endwalker/
SQUARE ENIX® Press Site: https://www.square-enix-press.com/
The Lodestone®: http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com
Official Facebook®: https://www.facebook.com/FinalFantasyXIV
Official Twitter®: @FF_XIV_EN
Official Instagram®: @ffxiv
About Square Enix Ltd.
Square Enix Ltd. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content in Europe and other PAL territories as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix Ltd. also has a global network of leading development studios such as Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montréal®. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY, which has sold over 168 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 84 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 88 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix Ltd. is a London-based, wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.More information on Square Enix Ltd. can be found at https://square-enix-games.com.
FINAL FANTASY XIV © 2010 - 2022 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.
LOGO ILLUSTRATION: ©2021 YOSHITAKA AMANO
ENDWALKER, A REALM REBORN, HEAVENSWARD, the FINAL FANTASY XIV logo, CRYSTAL DYNAMICS, DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS, EIDOS MONTREAL, EORZEA, FINAL FANTASY, the FINAL FANTASY logo, THE LODESTONE, SPACE INVADERS, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, TAITO and TOMB RAIDER are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix group of companies. “PlayStation" and the "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks and "PS4" and “PS5” are trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.